Around 3 Lakhs
Amrit Campus, formally named as Public Science College (PUSCOL) and later named as Amrit Science College (ASCOL), after late Mr. Amrit Prasad Pradhan. Mr pradhan was born in 1918 at Thamel, Kathmandu. He served as headmaster of Jooddha High School in Birgunj for two years and later joined at Tri-Chandra College as lecturer in Chemistry. In 1962, he became founder Principal of Public Science College (present Amrit Campus) and began teaching as professor of Chemistry.
Late Principal Amrit Prasad Pradhan established Amrit Campus with a view to promote the study of Science and Technology in Nepal. The campus has benefited greatly from his spirit or enterprise, dedication and enthusiasm. While on a mission to the United States of a cause connected with the college, he died in an air crash over Mt. Blanc on January 24, 1966. The death of this noble soul was mourned by the nation.
- To develop skilled and highly competent human resources in the field of Science and technology
- To improve the existing classroom facilities for quality education
- To upgrade the existing infrastructure facilities for implementation of new programs
- To enhance scientific research activities for human resource development
- To establish research oriented education system upto Ph.D. level and to promote all tech departments as the “Center for Excellence”
MISSION OF THE CAMPUS
To fulfill the vision of the campus following mission has been set
- To introduce Master level courses in some subjects like Botany, Chemistry, Zoology, Microbiology and CSIT.
- To construct new infrastructure for introducing the above mentioned Master level programs.
- To create healthy teaching/learning environment and develop students who can think critically, communicate effectively and marketable in global market.
- To renovate and upgrade the classroom and laboratory facilities with LCD projectors and internet facilities for update knowledge sharing.
VALUES OF THE CAMPUS
Amrit campus has been working in the field of science and technology for last five decades and believes in generation of competent human resources with following values:
- Quality: We strive for continuous quality improvement, individually and collectively, in all that we do.
- Creativity and Innovation: We apply new concepts, ideas and creative approaches to improve teaching, service, research and college operations.
- Commitment: Understanding the interdependence of our actions, we are therefore committed to the success of the college and each other.
- Teamwork: We acknowledge that everyone’s contribution is important. Working together we place the mission of the college first and align our contributions, whether individual or terms, toward that end.
- Compassion: Recognizing the role of science in society we will always strive to reach our goals with compassion for our students, clients and one another.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity, recognizing that upholding the public trust requires the highest moral and ethical conduct.
- Diversity: We promote cultural and gender diversity and equality to strengthen all programs and service areas of the college to ensure maximum integration with the community and country we serve.
- Professionalism: We honor our role in teaching, service and research by valuing the principles and spirit of material science, natural science and human value ethics.